• NZ 03-441-3223

Wine Mobile Apps and Websites

Wine businesses use mobiles and tablets for advertising, eCommerce, Location Based Services, and local SEO. They do this via mobile applications, mobile websites, QR codes, and in-store Customer mobile usage.

Wine Market Council research shows that 39% of Core Wine Drinkers use ‘Wine, Food, Restaurant, or Bar Apps’. A Google study in 2012 found only 10% of our media interactions is via radio, newspaper, and magazines, the other 90% is through digital screens of one sort or another. Specifically, 38% of our media interactions was via a mobile, 9% via tablets, 24% via PC/Laptops, and 19% via TV screens. Of the traditional media, only TV remains a major force. Small and medium business never really used TV advertising. They did, and do, still use newspapers, magazines, and radio, yet these are being consumed by a small minority of wine drinkers (at least in their traditional media format).

Wine iPad and iPhone App Best Practice: native, hybrid or…

One of the first decisions you’ll need to make when creating a wine iPad or iPhone app (app is application software, run by touching an icon on your iPad or iPhone) is whether you should make it a native app, web app or a bit of both i.e. a hybrid app. Although this sounds technical it is probably the first question your app development agency is also going to ask as some agencies only do one type or the other as they require different types of programmer. At first blush I like the idea of a hybrid app a lot but in the end choose the native route. Here’s why.

Wine Store mCommerce App: your wine store in their hands

Firstly I outline the ideal features of a wine retailer’s mobile app with a bit of commentary. Then I list those features that I think are Must-Have vs Nice-to-Have in a m-Commerce requirement document format. Lastly I suggest ways you could purchase such an app.

Mobile Advertising: a wine prompt at the right place at…

Mobile advertising is worth talking about on its own because, like other mobile marketing, it has the advantage of being in the right place at the right time – your customers pocket. No matter where they are they can easily and naturally bring out their phone in ways you can’t with a laptop or PC. It can also be implemented very quickly and, done well, drive traffic immediately. I look at the main types and the main channels in this post.

9 Ways a Wine Retailer can use Mobiles to Sell…

This post is about customers using their mobiles in-store. We’ll cover the burgeoning area of mobile QR codes, how retailers are using them, and glimpse into the future with augmented reality. I’ll also give a list of 9 ways QR codes can be used in-store.

Find Me, Find You, Find Wine: location based services in…

Groupon, foursquare, SCVNGR, Yelp, Facebook Places are just a few of the Location Based Services available from a mobile app. LBS apps can tell your friends you’re at a particular place, by checking in to that place using an app, facebook and/or twitter. At the end of the day its just another way to help you have fun with your friends – who needs serendipity if you have foursquare! I see quite a few good ways to use LBS in wine stores.

The Best Wine Apps: a retailer’s perspective

So what are the good wine apps out there? I’ll review some research done by one think tank and then outline my own. I’ll take a wine retailer’s perspective and look at m-commerce as well as content functionality like wine reviews, ratings, journaling, social media integration, and user interface.

What’s the difference between a mobile website and an app?

Here’s a list of the key differences: mobile websites don’t need to be downloaded, are available to all, easier to build, and do not need approval. Apps take advantage of the native handset applications like the camera, gyroscope and push notifications. We also look at why CostCo created a mobile website and how to create mobile apps and websites.

Ways a Wine Retailer can use Mobile Marketing

Introduction to all the ways a wine retailer can use mobile marketing. Firstly looks at marketing objectives and customer segments before suggesting ways that different mobile technologies can assist achieving these objectives. Possibilities include location based services, local review sites, mobile coupons, local search, mobile sites, mobile apps, mobile advertising, QR codes, mobile payments, m-commerce, social mobile, SMS and MMS.